Sparkling Blue Water and Amazing Sandy Beaches
Discover Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta has for many years been one of the most beautiful beach destinations in Mexico, and keep pulling in a very diverse crowd of visitors every year. The amazing Banderas Bay provides more than 20 miles of shoreline and is well contrasted with the charming, rustic, and historic buildings of Old Town and Zona Romantica. The modern city of Puerto Vallarta has been built around the shoreline and the ever so lively Malecón. With this came the high-end designer boutiques, the hot trendy nightclubs, upscale restaurants, street food vendors and tons of street entertainers.
The region of Puerto Vallarta is a haven for water sports enthusiasts due to its massive shoreline ranging from small calm coves to beaches with wild seas. The most popular water sports activities in Puerto Vallarta remains scuba diving with manta rays just off Islas Marietas, parasailing at Playa Los Muertos, and sailing around the Los Arcos Reefs. Snorkeling, jet skiing, and kayaking are great activities which you can do from the many local beaches. Ask the concierge at your hotel for recommendations of the best spots.
Shopping in Puerto Vallarta is always a popular activity among visitors. Designer boutiques, shopping centers, and local markets make it possible to find just about anything your heart desires. One of the best markets, the Rio Cuala, is excellent if you are in the mood for handmade jewelry, hand-blown glass sculptures, locally made beadwork to just name a few. The Rio Cuala is also a good place to show off your bargaining skills or otherwise improve them. In other words – you need to haggle the prices down a notch.
Puerto Vallarta seems transformed when the sun sets and night begins. The city streets light up along the Old Town and the pedestrians-only Malecón. Local bars, quaint salsa clubs, and trendy nightclubs set the pace of the night when Puerto Vallarta turns into the most happening nightlife scene known for its great diversity. Gay nightclubs is a well known and desired part of the nightlife in Puerto Vallarta making it the most gay-friendly destination in Mexico.
There are so many things you can do in Puerto Vallarta, but don’t forget to enjoy the sun, beaches, food, drinks and more importantly yourself and your loved ones.
Reasons for visiting Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta attracts people from various walks of life, and the variety is one of the greatest assets you will find.
- Top destination for golf enthusiasts with golf courses for every level of golfers.
- Unique and clean beaches ranging from happening beaches to the more secluded and hidden beaches.
- Water sports will have more than plenty of opportunities. Windsurfing, scuba diving, jet skiing, snorkeling, and kayaking are the top choices.
- Nightlife is one of kind with everything from local mariachi music to trendy salsa nightclubs.
- Hotels in Puerto Vallarta range from quaint boutique hotels to luxurious beachfront resorts. Something for everyone.
- Considered to be the gay capital of Mexico. Puerto Vallarta is very LGBT friendly.
- Very friendly and helpful locals
- Beautiful coral reefs close to Los Arcos and Islas Marietas. Boat tours available from Puerto Vallarta.
There are plenty of good reasons for visiting Puerto Vallarta as you can see. There’s a good reason why we have put Puerto Vallarta on our list of the Best Mexican Vacation Destinations.
When Should I Visit Puerto Vallarta?
The high season runs from December through April, where the hotels and resorts are at their highest when it comes to price and being crowded. The weather is great during the high season which guarantees tons of sun during your vacation.
Rain season runs from late June and all through October. Humidity is higher in the rain season, and afternoon showers will occur. The temperatures are still high and make this a great time to visit if you don’t mind the occasional rain. Hotel rates are very low compared to the high season. Around 40% discount in hotel rates are normal for this period.
If you are going for the watersports such as diving, snorkeling, and surfing then summer is your best bet. Nature around is very nice with flowers and forests in bloom. Rain during the afternoon can happen, but the only real downside is the extreme heat and humidity.
Where to stay in Puerto Vallarta
There are 3 “zones” in play when you are looking for hotels in Puerto Vallarta.
Just south of the airport is the “Hotel Zone” where many people decide to stay. This area has everything when it comes to brand retail stores you already know.
The heart of Puerto Vallarta is called the “Zona Romantica” and is excellent for a romantic getaway. The charm and quaint feel to the neighborhood give it that something special for those visitors seeking a romantic place to stay. It is also the go-to vacation spot for gay travel in Mexico, where the area fills with life when the sun goes down and the local bars and disco turn up the music.
North of the airport is Nuevo Vallarta where you will find the big and less crowded beaches. Nearly all resorts here are big all-inclusive and best suited if you just want to relax at a luxurious all-inclusive resort. Shuttles and taxis can take you to the center of Puerto Vallarta if you feel like dining outside your all-inclusive resort.
Top Recommended Puerto Vallarta Hotels and Luxury Resorts
- Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta
- Casa Vela
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa
- CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
- Hotel Mousai – All Inclusive Luxury Designer Resort for Adults Only
- Secrets Vallarta Bay Resort & Spa
- Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
- Grand Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Adults Only
- Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Puerto Vallarta
Enjoy your Mexico vacation in Puerto Vallarta at the best Puerto Vallarta Hotels and Luxury Beach Resorts.
Visit our website at www.mexcation.com for more vacation destinations in Mexico.